Solemn Balderdash...

The irony of my life!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Sunday bloody sunday!

This past weekend, I was cribbing to no end cause I had to work on Sunday. And not just that, I needed to drive all the way to this place which was almost at the border of Mass and Connecticut!! Hell, I could think of sooo many things to occupy my Sunday! I could wake up late and laze in bed till late afternoon, eat a nice heavy meal and go back to bed… maybe wake up in the evening and watch a movie, smoke the hookah with my friends (no tobacco or any other ‘stuff’ involved here! Just double apple… my favorite flavor!) And then go back to bed in preparation for the beginning of the week! Well if you know me at all, by now you are probably palpitating wondering if you need to worry about me having suffered from some serious head injury. After all I am the one up at 8:30 on Sundays dragging everyone out of bed begging, persuading (and if nothing works) bullying people to do something exciting! But if you read carefully you will notice I said I could do all those things…not that I would. Even the above schedule looked appealing to me rather than going to WORK!!

I tried to convince myself to call in sick… but I couldn’t. Eventually I got there, sulking all the way…naturally! Atleast we were being provided with lunch. Well the meeting wasn’t bad. I will grudgingly admit it was quite engaging. BUT there was no food! I have no idea how that happened! So finally when I left there at 3 in the afternoon, my stomach doing everything it could to show its displeasure, I was pretty bummed to say the least! I started driving back and put on an old CD. As my mood started improving a little, I noticed, that it was a beautiful day. Not the hackneyed version of a beautiful day where everything was bright and sunny. Infact it was like a dream. It was completely foggy, not very cold and whatever little color you could see was from the trees exhibiting what you could call fall colors.

So I got a little carried away. Listening to George Michael croon careless whisper on my stereo, I suddenly became convinced that I should not waste this day on the Interstate. Instead I took the inner routes, pretty darn confident that I would find my way home... without a map too. Well I was wrong! It took me one whole hour to get home. Bright side- I listened to the ENTIRE CD! And that’s not all. I finally found the CD on which I had all my Dirty Dancing songs! You wont believe how long that search had been going on for!

Point of the story: Why None! I just felt like rambling a little..the title of the blog does say Balderdash you know!

7 Comments:

Blogger GiGi said...

I've never tried that Hookah stuff - got too caught up in the bad kinda smoke. I don't understand how there can be so many different flavors, and how you can actually taste them . . .

1:56 PM  
Blogger aneeket said...

Here in LA , I would not dream of stepping off the interstate if i wanted to be pleasant all day.
It just gets so damn depressing in the City....not a good place to Live........nways dont work on SUNDAYs....c'mon....what do u do btw?

8:40 PM  
Blogger Shweta said...

Ya I have heard about the LA traffic..guess I will see it for myself when i come there next week! hehe...What i do? umm lots of things...but wat i do for a living..well i assist in this program called Pre-Coll engg for teachers..very cool..basically i get to go to schools and teach elementary kids!

1:11 PM  
Blogger aneeket said...

WOW !! u coming down to LA .... hey if u get some spare time at all , u shud come down to USC, lemme know .....

5:57 PM  
Blogger Shweta said...

As a matter of fact I am coming to visit a few friends studying at USC. We should meet up..i will let u know

11:14 AM  
Blogger RM said...

for a moment, i konfoosed you with a black sabbath fan. ;)

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site valtrex and kidney transplants http://www.howtoplaystreetcraps.info/Bmw.html Doctors prescribe oxycontin in michigan Female body builders eating plan Newnan shemales crocheted coat patterns North america wireless plans Cell e380 gsm motorola phone unlocked Valtrex shop qoclick For is problems thyroid used valtrex laws on video surveillance recording answering appointment scheduling service appointmentquest free beach voyeur Report savvy shoes Chloe sevigny bunny blow job naples stop smoking clinic Adverse+celebrex+reaction saturn car audio cd

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home