Solemn Balderdash...

The irony of my life!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

India trip

It has been 2 weeks and 4 days since I came back from India and the only reason I have procrastinated writing a blog for so long is I guess because I was afraid that once I began writing, it would all come back to me. How much fun I had…how wonderful it was to be with my family…to hug my mom at night before I went to bed…to wake up to the smell of breakfast cooking and to revel in the fact that I not only DIDN’T have to cook, but also that I DIDN’T have to do the dishes after…to make plans every single day to go shopping without worrying that it might burn a giant hole in my pocket…to hog without a thought at every single place I had dreamed of for the past 10 months...to just finally be home.
To say that my India trip was special is an understatement. I tried to live the next 2 years of my life in that one month, because I was quite sure that it would atleast be that long before I went back again. Somehow, it was worse leaving home this second time. Like I told my mom, atleast the first time there was that excitement about the unknown life in the US of A. Now I even knew what was awaiting me when I got back and it sometimes did not seem like a good enough reason to leave. I am not trying to say I hate it here. I don’t. I love the work and my friends. But I am very selfish and want everything. And most of my everything includes my family.
Anyways, leaving the melancholy behind let me tell you a little about my trip. It was WONDERFUL!!! Despite the severe gastritis that I was diagnosed with within a couple of days of reaching there, I had a lot of fun. Of course, I chose to ignore the doctor’s orders to not eat outside food! I think the best thing however was the trip I took with my family to Sikkim and Darjeeling. My family is very enthusiastic and we even went river rafting. It was soo cool!
But time passes so quickly when you are having fun! 30 days were gone in a flash!
So now I am back. To the place where there’s no pollution, no sucky roads (well, that’s not actually true...I DO live in Mass) no crowded streets, no honking, no trash on the roads…Man, life sucks!

5 Comments:

Blogger aneeket said...

ooh.....why why this post now ....
......all u said is so true.
...when will I go back :-( !

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home